Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Share My Screen Shots  (Read 2219 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Share My Screen Shots
« on: September 22, 2017, 11:39:10 AM »
Over the years here on CH I have made screen shots of my Windows PC .
Here is just one of many.
http://help9pm.com/CH/trash-pc.jpg
These were used to give a visual aid to a conversion on the forum. Anybody is welcome to use any of these  to help others see something about personal computer.
Now is my problem. There are just too many I have placed in the folder
http://help9pm.com/CH/
There is no index.html file.  So the whole directory is shown with  short names that once meant something. Is there some way I could make a thumbnail file? Yes, I know there is, but I mean is there a simple way? I don't want to do it the hard way.
Do you understand what I mean?  :)
Or should I just move this stuff onto a photo share site?

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Share My Screen Shots
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 12:51:47 PM »
Thinking a external photo share might make more sense. I know that they are regularly having to dump older images here to keep from filling up hard drives on the web server. Many times I went to look back at something that was discussed years prior and there was a image there and the image is no gone and in some cases its so old that its part of almost a format stripped format that is a flat text file vs the forum environment to save more space or because it was part of a server information flattening dump from older versions maybe to keep the database size reduced as well. Sharing the screenshots a as a link takes very little space here on CH but the images that are shared are a bloat burden that they have to constantly clean out the old so the new can be posted.