Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: reinstall  (Read 1947 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
reinstall
« on: October 08, 2017, 11:49:28 AM »
How do I re-install my Google number?
A while back I got a free telephone number from Google that I could use on my android tablet whenever I have a Wi-Fi connection. It works fine, using Google hangouts and the hangouts dialer.
Long story short. I had to clean out the android tablet because it had so much junk where. In the process I lost my Google account, Google hangouts and all that other stuff.
So I was able to reinstall the applications that I wanted on my android tablet after I had wiped clean. Now I installed my Google hangouts and I have used my Google account, but for some reason the Google free phone number is not associated with my Google hangouts. Does anybody here know what I'm talking about?
Anyway, I still know the phone number, I wrote it down, I assume Google still hasn't associated with my account. But for some reason I can't get it back up into my Google hangouts so that when I want to dial out it will use that number as being the return number.
Here's what happens, if I call somebody from Google hangouts and if the call doesn't go through they don't get a phone number to call back. It's an unknown number. Apparently Google hangouts is able to initiate a phone call without having a phone number for the return. Does that make any sense at all?
Anyway, how I go back getting my hangouts dialer to work the way it used to on my android tablet?
I tried looking this up on Google, but I end up getting the information is not pertinent to my problem. I don't want to start all over again and asked for a new number, I would rather just use a number I already have, but I was not able to find out how you reinstall the number you already have.
Thank you for listing. And yes, I did try looking it up on Google and I just got lost. I was hoping maybe somebody here had already gone through that procedure of wiping out your android tablet and getting the free phone number installed again and it would be the same number you had before.
Has anybody ever done this?
Or do you know how to do it?
Thank you.