Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to reset network over SSH on Asus RT-AC56U router without rebooting router?  (Read 4500 times)

shahfarhad

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    One of my devices (wired connection with local IP 192.168.0.139) connected to my RT-AC56U Router hangs after 4 or 5 hours of inactivity. The only way to make the device work again is to reboot the router, e.g. with ssh [email protected] reboot command, after which 192.168.0.139 works fine again (router is 192.168.0.2).

The only problem is that the reboot takes a lot of time, and I want to access 192.168.0.139 faster/instantaneously. Is there a SSH command(s) of resetting/remapping the network without having to reboot the router itself, so that stale/inactive/corruptly configured devices are configured again. I have SSH root access to the router also over the internet.

Just for info: the device 192.168.0.139 is always visible with its mac address in the 'arp' table even when it becomes non-responsive, and also adding it again with arp -s 192.168.0.139 <mac> does not help.

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    so rebooting the device doesn't help, only rebooting the router?

shahfarhad

Topic Starter

i don't have an option to reboot the device over the internet when I am away from home. I can access my router over ssh though.