Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help with cmd prompt syntax  (Read 3426 times)

boomhauer

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    help with cmd prompt syntax
    « on: October 08, 2017, 03:59:47 PM »
    first off i apologize if in wrong spot. i am an old man trying to learn and to be honest right this minute a little overwhelmed with this among other things but i know tghis could the key to my locked door.  my ISP has gotten me riled today and i"m turning the tables i hope. i need to know syntax for finding my modem in this config.. cable in to modem and ethernet out to pc with ethernet card and wireless adapter at point A. at point B i have cable (ethernet from coax) into router and then ethernet out to 3 devices. is my modem and im thinking spectrum has hidden or changed something since ipconfig /all yields different results from before they got the MAC and now. I just dont remeber exactly what is shoed but definately something different. justy want to make sure before i do something that i am for certain what is different and that i can back that staement up.. thanks in advance and since ill have more ?'s im sure (installing tri boot 7,10,ubuntu or liinux??) ill be here more than anyone would want to put up with

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: help with cmd prompt syntax
    « Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 04:48:26 PM »
    I think from the gist of all that, that you are trying to find your modem address.

from a command prompt, just type ipconfig and hit Enter.
    your modem IP address is listed beside Default Gateway.

you type that IP address into a browser and it'll take you to the modem config page where you can modify Provider settings, wifi access etc.