Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Several reoccurring problems with Windows 10  (Read 3302 times)

MrJeansGreen

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Several reoccurring problems with Windows 10
    « on: October 19, 2017, 08:33:26 AM »
    #1. Taskbar. I have a HP Pavilion G7 series computer. There are two HP icons that were installed when I first got my computer 6 years ago. I have repeatedly rearranged the taskbar( moving the HP icons as far left as I can move them) and locked the taskbar. No matter what when the laptop reboots the dang HP Icons move back to their original positions. How do I put a stop to this. The only thing that I can think of is that some where in the registry it sends a command to the opening sequence and puts that blasted HP crapola where it wants to without my permission. (Who's computer is this anyway)!!!!!

#2. Moving Files and Folders.  The easiest way that I have found is use the Cut and Paste Method. ( Some may say drag and drop) My understand if I cut the file or folder and paste it it should remove it from the active folder to another folder of my choosing. 90% of the time it does this. But usually if I have a large volume of files/folders to move it will act as though I am just making a Copy of the file/folder instead of moving it from that position. How do I stop this? After chewing over this for awhile I am wondering if the clipboard(temp storage) is getting too full or big and It is merely copying the file instead of moving the file.

$3. Naming folders. Sometimes when I name a file it will make the first letter lowercase and the following letters all uppercase.  I will click on the right menu items click on rename the folder and make the first letter upper case and the other letters lowercase. This will look correct until I press enter and it will revert to the first letter lowercase and all the other letters uppercase. I finally will get fed up and just delete the folder and start over. It will work the correct way then! Am I hitting an extra key before naming folder? What should I look for?