Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I Have to much less free storage than before.  (Read 4654 times)

rshari123

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    I Have to much less free storage than before.
    « on: October 16, 2017, 10:40:12 AM »
    I have installing Windows 10, but after installing Windows 10 lot of storage can be used than before. It is due to window up-gradation. When I restart my laptop there are two windows appear on startup one is windows 10 and second is windows old. When I install and upgrade a new version of window the previous version could not be remove or deleted and keep as it in the local disk C. what process can I used to remove this query.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: I Have to much less free storage than before.
    « Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 12:22:18 PM »
    If you boot the system off of a Linux distro such as Ubuntu or Mint you can  access the drive in an unprotected mode to which you can delete the old Windows install if thats what you want to do to get your free space back. If you do this wrong and delete your current install of Windows you will have problems. I suggest backing up your data to a external drive or cloud storage before deleting the old windows install which might be Windows.old

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: I Have to much less free storage than before.
    « Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 02:10:54 PM »
    I have installing Windows 10, but after installing Windows 10 lot of storage can be used than before. It is due to window up-gradation.
    Why do you think this is a problem? How much free space do you want or need?
    Apparently, Windows  is keeping an early version in case you want to go back to what you have. IMO, this is a good use of free space, unless the disk is really getting close to full.

As they said, if it is not broke, don't fix it.  :)