Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ssh server disconnects when terminal tries to scroll  (Read 3078 times)

Salmon Trout

ssh server disconnects when terminal tries to scroll
« on: November 05, 2017, 05:48:47 AM »
This is bugging me - I have one machine running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - Insider Build 17025 and I installed Bitvise SSH Server. When I do a terminal log in from another machine on my LAN, as soon as the terminal output reaches the bottom of the console window, the session disconnects. Doesn't matter if the terminal type is VT100, VT102, VT200, VT320, xterm, or ansi. Terminal client can be Putty, Xshell 5, Windows 10 WSL console, or Bitvise SSH Client. I feel there is something obvious I am missing. Server log just says "Connection terminated".

The machine is dual boot (Debian 8 Jessie) and when it is running that I can use any of my terminal clients with no problem. Likewise my Seagate NAS.

Mark.

Adviser
  • Forum Regular
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: ssh server disconnects when terminal tries to scroll
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 02:14:55 PM »
wonder what the chances are it's your Beta Windows build?
would be a *censored* to swap over to the mainstream build too to test that theory!

Salmon Trout

Re: ssh server disconnects when terminal tries to scroll
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 03:43:39 PM »
Could be, I guess. I'd have to pay for a license, no chance of that. I found that Kpym SSH/Telnet Server doesn't do it, so I'm good.