Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse programing from Set Point not working  (Read 2540 times)

02bin3

Mouse programing from Set Point not working
« on: November 17, 2017, 10:24:44 AM »
Downloaded the newest updates from Microsoft for Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit, and the programming I had from Logitech SetPoint for the Wheel on my wireless mouse, no longer works.  I tried downloading a newer version of SetPoint and I still couldn't get the mouse wheel to DELETE upon depressing it as it had previously.  This is really annoying as I've been able to do this with any mouse I've had for nearly 20 years.  Old habits die extremely hard.  The first mouse I could do this with was a Microsoft mouse and whatever version of Windows I had could do this and then I switched many years ago to Logitech keyboard and mouse and found that their Set Point would also do this.  Has anyone else had a problem with Window's updates messing with their Logitech mouse settings?  Thank you,

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Mouse programing from Set Point not working
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 12:58:27 PM »
Did you make sure the drivers were for Win7 ? ?...have you checked settings in Control Panel/Mouse ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

02bin3

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 02:37:15 PM »
Yes, I did make sure it was for Windows 7, and I did check the settings in the Control panel for the Mouse.  I did wonder if the Mouse, that is an M310, might need a driver update itself?  I've looked for updates for it and get the Round-Robin-Hood's-Barn on the Logitech website.  Just doesn't bring me to an update, just back to a description of the Mouse, and I've tried other sites, however, I am leery about these various Driver sites as I don't know which ones are legitimate and which ones may lead me to click on something disastrous. 

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 02:55:18 PM »
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

02bin3

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 03:27:08 PM »
I'd already downloaded that Set Point file and it didn't help.  I was looking for an updated driver specific to the M310 Mouse hoping that that was the problem.