Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Black Friday or Good Deal Recent Purchases  (Read 1927 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Black Friday or Good Deal Recent Purchases
« on: November 24, 2017, 06:51:20 AM »
Figured since today is Black Friday here in the USA where droves of people shop for all the bargains and even go to the extent of sleeping outside the stores on the sidewalks to be the first through the door of the store to get a chance at saving $100 off of a TV etc that it might be fun to see what people have picked up on Black Friday for themselves or others, as well as those also buying stuff that is recent in which they got an awesome deal to share with everyone.

I will go first with my recent Black Friday / Good Deal Purchases:

( Im not the type of person to be at a store right at the time the door opens to trample over others to save $100, but am the type that normally sleeps in vs shivering in line hoping to get something that the store may or may not have at all stores as marked in flyer. 8 years ago I tried to get a cheapie laptop for $150 on black friday and stood in the cold at the early hours in 20F and when I got in the door and pointed out the laptop in the flyer I was greeted with sorry our store didnt get any of those and about 30% of the people there were there for that half priced laptop as they stopped to listen to the guys answer when I questioned the direction to go to get one in which people were angry and the security dude at best buy pointed out the asterisk that stated not available in all stores and only available in limited quantity so if I store did get them they might only have 1 or 2 of them and by the way sorry no rain checks on items not available today.  >:(  ::)  )

I bought this stuff the day before thanksgiving and the day of thanksgiving when people werent going crazy busting down the doors and ripping items out of each others hands or carts. I've seen people fight over items before and it makes quite a scene. The woman who followed another and snuck an item out of the other womans cart when the other woman wasnt looking was quite the piece of work.   :o   ::)

- Sega Genesis system with 80 games including many of the best games made for Genesis included which also has a cartridge slot to support play of original Sega Genesis Games for $47.99 at Staples. (( Christmas Present for myself   ;D   )) * This is around the price tag that they are going for and I feel I got a good deal on this because of the bargain this is with all those game titles at that price tag. Also it comes with 2 controllers so I can play 2 player games with a friend or family member.

- Bastion (PC) Game for $2.99 normally $14.99 at newegg. I looked at the gameplay on youtube and it looks like an interesting game with a mix of ranged and melee and special attack abilities as well as its not that complicated of a game and rather simplistic and has an interesting linear progression of the dungeon crawler like feeling game that builds itself as you move and see the assembly and disassembly of objects which makes for a neat visual effect and not able to see stuff from a ways back to prepare yourself too early with how to deal with a boss or mob, but also seems like its fun looking at at $2.99 its a bargain to add to my collection of thousands of games amassed since I first got into video games in the late 1970s.  ;D

- 4.5 Quart Crock Pot for $13.00 at Newegg which I got for my mom for christmas. Normally a $40-50 crock pot

- Watch for myself for $5.00 at CVS which normally is a $14.99 watch as well as one for my daughter also for $5.00 for a savings of around $20.