Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Device Manager is blank  (Read 3780 times)

bmwbrett

Device Manager is blank
« on: December 14, 2005, 11:35:38 PM »
Ok, i bought a new Jaton Geforce 6600gt video card and to update the drivers for it, It tells me i need to goto the device manager when my new card is in my computer. So when i goto the device manager window, it is blank, nothing shows up. Now ive been trying to figure this problem out and ive been working on this problem for 8 hours now and i could use a little help  :-/
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 11:42:20 PM by bmwbrett »

pcwizard

Hopeful

• A computer is for life, not just gaming!!
    Re: Device Manager is blank
    « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 01:33:41 AM »
    You can try running system restore to a previous date when it all worked properly, but...in short, if Device Manager is blank then your system assumes you have no hardware.

If you try clicking on action and then scan for hardware changes, if that fails to help then you will have to reinstall your OS.
    A computer is for life....not just gaming!!

bmwbrett

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 08:17:03 PM »
    Thank you i will try that :)

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
      « Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 12:17:47 AM »
      Use the search of the forum before posting!

Go to Q&A Forum Database and see the same thread named My Device Manager is Empty thread on this topic.

This section especially created on the most annoying problems and check it before posting to see any relevant info.

Hope Helps.
      « Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 12:20:39 AM by peccavi »
      Computer Hope: Rise of the Machines!