Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HDC ERROR Msge - Toshiba T4850CT  (Read 2032 times)

anjasomething

HDC ERROR Msge - Toshiba T4850CT
« on: December 15, 2005, 11:23:44 AM »
Hi there...

Can anyone help? I think I know what the error message means...but don't quite know how to fix it. Any Ideas? I am currently trying to find a system disk online - for this old laptop - maybe i don't need one??? Anyways...here's the problem>>>

On startup...the laptop counts up its memory and displays this error message:

HDC Error

Insert system disk in drive

I can access the Setup System and that seems to be about all!!? On the QuickRead Status Bar...it recognises/activates the Hard Drive and the Floppy Drive. My sister - who gave me the laptop to try to fix...said she use to get it going by leaving it in the airing cupboard - but this hasn't helped me so far!!

???So...any help is totally appreciated!!
Many thanks

GX1_Man

• Mastermind

• Because beige is beautiful !!!
    Re: HDC ERROR Msge - Toshiba T4850CT
    « Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 03:22:48 PM »
    Dead or improperly connected hard drive. My money is on the former.
    Please post as much information about your computer, operating system, and problem as possible, what happened prior to problems, etc. Too much info is OK, too little is pointless! Don't just say "My computer doesn't work. What's wrong?"

Dell4700

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 04:02:56 PM »
    You are undertaking a noble cause.  This laptop originally ran Win 3.11 with a 75 Mhz processor and 500-700 MB hard drive.

You will find system info here:  http://bitlink.ca/Library/Toshiba/T4850.SPC

And support, downloads, information and troubleshooting at the Toshiba Website (UK) here:  http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/generic_content.jsp?service=UK&ID=Support_Homepage&cnt=GENERIC&key=Support_Homepage&banner_id=0000004e80

As above, I think you probably have a loose connection, but you could try conditioning it on the porch for a few days. :)  I take it the airing closet is no longer available?

BTW - do you have a credit card type memory card?  If so, make sure it is properly in place.

Dell

anjasomething

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 02:11:50 AM »
    Yes airing cupboard still avail lol....hard drive currently 'warming' in there! yes the memory card is credit card size. Thanks for your thoughts