Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: getting rid of bloatware on a new laptop  (Read 2445 times)

4everqrious

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    getting rid of bloatware on a new laptop
    « on: November 30, 2017, 08:24:32 PM »
    How can I get rid of all the bloatware that comes with my newly purchased laptop. I am a senior citizen , not afraid of tech. and very capable. I do not want to pay for any software. I want it done as easy as possible and I want to do it myself. I would be grateful for any help people on this forum can provide.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: getting rid of bloatware on a new laptop
    « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 05:27:20 AM »
    I would look in the installed programs listing and look up what each item is as far as installed programs go. Whatever you don't need you can select to uninstall and its gone. Sometimes uninstallers don't uninstall cleanly but that's mostly a thing of the past. Most these days have proper trash cleanup in that it removes the desktop shortcut and its entireties.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/uninstall-programs-windows-10

This is the easiest method, however being doing this I would suggest making a system recovery media set. This way if you remove something important you will have the recovery media on hand to put your system back to fresh out of box state when you first got it and start over vs having a computer that is now a paperweight.

4everqrious

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: getting rid of bloatware on a new laptop
      « Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 09:07:19 AM »
      THank you for the information :)