Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic:  Computer Shuting down  (Read 8111 times)

Mike99

Computer Shuting down
« on: December 15, 2005, 04:35:32 PM »
 Hello,  right now im using a older computer to type this message becuase my ather computer wont work. I am wondering if you can help me out with the problem I have on my ather computer. Ok my computer was working fine when I came home, but when I dicided to go get something to eat. When I came back I moved my mouse and it dindt work (using a wirlless mouse and keyboard) I pressed ctrl,alt,dlt but my keyboard didnt work. Then I pressed the reset button and my mouse worked but not the keyboard, so i dicided to restart my computer. When it started up agin the key board still didnt work, i checked the plugs and they were conected so i decided to turn of my computer by pressing the button with out safley turning it off, I kept doing this process 3 times, but the keyboard dindt work. Then i left my computer on and let it load but now when it gets in too 30 second of loading it shuts down saying a Windows serious error that i cant fully read because it shuts down realy qucik and restarts the computer and keeps reapeating its self. Is there any way I can stop this from hapening? Could it be a virus or what?

I cant contact microsoft becuase it asks me for a windows XP serial which I cant find out with the Computer shuting down every time.

Merlin_2

Re:   Computer Shuting down
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 05:38:03 PM »
Old post........been re-posted......?

Dell4700

Re:   Computer Shuting down
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 05:48:30 PM »
You can get the XP numbers from the authentication sticker pasted to your computer or from the original packaging.  If the OS was preloaded on your PC, you should still have a sticker, otherwise contact the manufacturer, call MS or get a legal copy.

Solving problems that are seemingly random or intermittent in nature can be difficult.  As a start, try shutting down your system.  Let it cool down for a while with the power disconnected.

When cooled, plug in power, start back up and note any strange behaviour.  Where/when/how does it fail?

For further help, you should provide some basic info about your PC (model, peripherals, OS, etc.).  There are at least 9 variants of Win XP.  Which one are you using?

The more detail you can provide, the easier/quicker it can be to solve your problem.

Dell

Mac

Computer Shutting down
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 02:15:51 AM »
I am using an older computer to type this message because my other computer won't work.

I am wondering if you can help me out with the problem I have on my other computer.

When I moved my mouse, it didn't work (using a wireless mouse and keyboard).

I pressed ctrl, alt, del but my keyboard didn't work. Then I pressed the reset button and my mouse worked but not the keyboard, so I decided to restart my computer.

When it started up again the keyboard still didn't work.

I checked the plugs and they were connected so I decided to turn of my computer by pressing the button without safely turning it off.

I kept doing this process 3 times, but the keyboard didn't work. Then I left my computer on and let it load

But now when it gets to 30 seconds of loading it shuts down saying a Windows serious error, that I can't fully read, because it shuts down really quick and restarts the computer and keeps repeating itself.

Is there any way I can stop this from happening? Could it be a virus?

I can't contact Microsoft because it asks me for a Windows XP serial number which I can't find without the Computer shutting down every time.

Shut it off and take the left side panel off. Start it up and see if all the fans are running.

Unplug everything, earth yourself on the metal casing and hold the power button down for ten seconds then re-seat the RAM modules and check for any loose wiring, plugs, cards, etc., leave the side panel off and start it up again.

Will it stay running now?

Have you had any problems with any CD drives?

How about the wireless keyboard and mouse, are the batteries OK?

If you have PS/2 keyboard and mouse on the computer you are using now, try them on your other computer.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 02:16:33 AM by Mac »