Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Uninstalled Gpu doesnt appear in the device manager  (Read 5558 times)

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Uninstalled Gpu doesnt appear in the device manager
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 09:01:55 AM »
Their forum has free support and someone there might be able to share free help who is more familiar with the specific model. From my experience with their support they ask some questions and verify a few things and then 99% of the time its suggested that you backup your data to an external device or media and then reinstall the OS clean after wiping all old data and then installing drivers etc. *Note: If you have the recovery media for your computer you dont need to mess with drivers as for it will push a clean from factory install of the OS and all software and drivers bundled. So if its corruption in the build data this corrects this. Then from their its best to make a full backup and then update nvidia drivers to latest if there are games that require a driver update to correct for a bug or something.

As Patio suggested earlier though, I agree that important data should be backed up and then totally wipe the drive and install the OS and drivers fresh. Then if your in the same situation that is when i would refer to their forum, this way when you post to their forum if it doesnt correct for this you have eliminated a great deal of potential problems and may be closer to a solution.

Manu-RT

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 11:06:18 AM »
    Yeah i think i'm gonna have to do a clean Os... but i keep getting more and more problems as many programs dont detect the nvidia card anymore.

It's really bothering me considering the amount of software that i will have to reinstall tho... at least i hope i can backup my personal data.

In this case, i have a question is there any program that allow you to clone the internal Hdd and fully recover it in case of problems ?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 11:22:08 AM »
    Yes...however if you clone it it'll carry the same issues you have now...
    I use and recommend Acronis True Image for this...not Free...
    Best Free alternatives are Macrium Reflect...or Easus ToDo.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Manu-RT

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 12:09:28 PM »
      Thx ^^

I'm planning on cloning but just for storage reason, with cloning i'll be able to return to my previously deleted files... if it solves anything of course :/

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 05:01:51 PM »
      What app you thinkin about for clonin ? ?
      I use and recommend Acronis True Image...not free though.
      Best Free choices are Easus ToDo...and Macrium Reflect...
      Best of Luck...let us know.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Manu-RT

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2018, 08:43:53 AM »
        Hey,
        so i've downloaded macrium effect.

Right now the cloning is launched since 20 min and i'm hoping it will be finished soon.

After this i'm planning on doing a refresh to see if it can solve my original problem, if not i'm gonna have to do a hard or factory reset i dunno.

What scares me the most is that what will happend if nothing works, but that's an other story...
        « Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:27:41 AM by Manu-RT »

Manu-RT

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2018, 02:00:13 PM »
          Okay so everything is cloned on my other HDD and is (apparently) perfectly in place.

My question now is: Can i revert (as a last solution of course) revert back and clone back again what i just copied on my external Hdd to my internal one?

Thx again btw, i'm going to reset my pc as soon as you'll answer ^^

Manu-RT

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2018, 10:14:06 AM »
            Hey!

So after 3hours of getting my pc back to factory state and an hour of reinstalling everything... well nothing happend 😭

My Nvidia 840m seems definetly dead 😭 it doesnt appear in the device manager and the nvidia setup doesnt detect it