Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Startup failures  (Read 8846 times)

bob1286

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Experience: Beginner
    Startup failures
    « on: March 22, 2018, 02:41:55 PM »
    I have 2 windows 8.1 yes units, I created restore images on both an do not see them when I attempt a repair.  I attempted a startup repair an wasnt able to fix it. I get ntldr is missing crtl alt del to restart

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: Startup failures
    « Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 03:57:29 PM »
    Squall yor gonna need to provide more details how you created these images...sounds like you did it wrong...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

VintronNZ

Beginner

• Never a dumb question.
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 05:20:21 PM »
      Have you changed anything in the bios, like to get windows 8.1 to boot from the pen drive if you have you need to make sure the hard drive is set up correctly.   

The windows 8.1 repair disk is from the same version of windows as on the computer. ? This could be why you can't see the images, Also make sure the drive with the image is attached to a USB2 port not a usb3.

If you want to repair the error without restoring the image it maybe worth doing the next step, It has worked for me with 2 windows 8 computers with the same problem.

Start the computer from the repair disk, when it comes up to the repair options.

Select use another operating system and select windows 8.1 from the hard drive.

Windows will take a little longer to load but will come up to the login, Log into windows.

This error could be caused by,
      1. Powering down without shutting down windows. Did you have a power cut before this happened.?
      2 Faulty hard drive in which case the above won't work. You could check the hard drive with either HDtune or HDsentinal. Or your computer may have built in drive diagnostics.
      3 That the hard drive is incorrectly set up in the bios.

spankBot

Rookie
      • I am Kane. I will help you.
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 12:00:42 PM »
      I don't mean to offend but did you prepare the USB as bootable drives?

bob1286

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 08:31:40 PM »
        Squall yor gonna need to provide more details how you created these images...sounds like you did it wrong...

I done a restore point an should several of them an I'm not seeing any

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 05:42:45 AM »
        As usual, your question and response(s) are indecipherable and a waste of our time. Thread locked.