Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Having problems with IE  (Read 3613 times)

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Having problems with IE
    « on: March 25, 2018, 06:04:31 PM »
    I have something weird happening when I use Internet Explorer...I will go onto Facebook, Realtor.com, and some other websites and I will be there anywhere from five to ten minutes and the screen starts blipping, flashing kind of, my favorites list opens, I'll x out of it and reopen IE and go back to the website I was on.  Everything is fine but will start doing it again, so I change to Google Chrome to do what I want.  I like using IE on FB as I play games there and the board is bigger than on Chrome.  This has been happening off and on for about five months, it's just getting worse.  SuperDave had me clean my computer and everything was fine, except this problem crept back in.  Do you know what the problem might be?  I have IE 11 I think.  My computer is a Dell Inspirion, Intel i5-4460, CPU 3.20 GHz, RAM 8 GB, 64-bit.  I bought it November 2015.

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Having problems with IE
    « Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 05:00:57 AM »
    personally, I'd be weaning myself off IE and onto almost anything else: Edge, Firefox or as you have started, Chrome.
    when you say the board is too small in Chrome, have you tried increasing the zoom factor via Ctrl and + to zoom in and Ctrl and - to zoom out.

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 09:13:23 AM »
      No, I had not tried the zooming thing.  I'm somewhat computer stupid even though I've had a computer since 1999.  I found some people just "get it" and some don't.  I'm the don't!  But thanks, I'll try that.

spankBot

Rookie
      • I am Kane. I will help you.
      « Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 12:24:11 PM »
      IE was my first love,but it has too many issues and is too vulnerable. Chrome is my daily driver.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      « Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 12:59:17 PM »
      Firefox is my "daily driver", i.e. my preferred browser.

Coco423

Intermediate

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 02:29:33 PM »
      Do you use any IE add-on? If so, are they built-in, third-party, or Microsoft ones? What operating system and version of IE do you have? Do you have enough free storage space or enough RAM? Please post your specs.

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 04:25:24 PM »
        I did post my specs but I'll do it again.  Dell Inspirion, intel i-5 4460, CPU 3.20 GHz, RAM 8 GB, 64-bit.  I just looked and I have 805 free of 918 GB.  So I have plenty of free storage space.  I do not know if I have any IE add-ons or not.  How do I find that?  Now, every time I go to shut down my computer, a notice comes up and says there is a program open, then it disappears and shuts down.  When I start the computer, it boots up and goes right to my home page on Comcast.  It has never done that before.  Don't know what the deal is with all these little quirks all of a sudden.

spankBot

Rookie
        • I am Kane. I will help you.
        « Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 04:35:55 PM »
        Try iexplore.exe –extoff to run IE "No Addons Mode'' use as normal and see if the issue persists. If not,it is an Addon causing the issue.