Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: High Memory Latency problem--Ryzen Build  (Read 1891 times)

cdrkeen

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    High Memory Latency problem--Ryzen Build
    « on: March 27, 2018, 05:32:33 PM »
    Hello, I'm new to the forums (obviously) and would really appreciate someones help.

Short story:

My Memory should be getting a latency reading of about 12ns and am getting 79ns.

Long story:

I put together this build about a year ago

I have the (F4-3000C16D-16GISB) g.skill aegis ddr4 3000 16 gb kit in the correct dual channel slots (A2, B2 aka slots 2/4) with a ryzen 5 1600

I just now was able to get past 2667 mhz upgrading to the newest 4.7 bios with the asrock ab350 pro4 motherboard. Running them at default 16 18 18 38 timings at 3066mhz with xmp 2.0 enabled... was exciting because ryzens are supposed to love higher frequency in games.. But that excitement changed quickly :( lol

So I think to try some benchmarks. I ran performance test and AIDA memory tests and they come back with what looks to be a really high latency... only scores in the 7th percentile in memory mark with a 76 ns... everything else is pretty good and same thing for AIDA coming back with a 79ns score. Shouldn't this be around 12ns?

I read this might have something to do with the amd memory controller and is normal but also read it isn't so I'm not sure what to think. If it's not really degrading potential gaming performance then I don't care because I don't play benchmarks, just worried I'm leaving performance out there which would be a waste of investment.

Thanks again for reading and for any responses.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 06:03:11 PM by cdrkeen »