Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with Delta Force land Warrior  (Read 20555 times)

sirjasalot

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Problem with Delta Force land Warrior
    « on: April 06, 2012, 08:12:54 AM »
    Hey all, I have a problem with delta force land warrior. I've reinstalled it on my new computer

Intel core i5-580M, 2.66 GHz                ATI mobility Radeon HD5650                4GB DDR3 Memory           

and I pass all the screen tests the game issues upon first playing it. Once I'm in, the opening cutscene does not display and yet there is audio. Once it's over, the main screen shows up but it stays frozen there. The game itself works because i was able to smash all the buttons and manage to play a game and it ran perfectly. But when i exited, same problem, the screen was frozen, but i could still access everything else with a bit of ''imagination''. Can anyone help me?

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Problem with Delta Force land Warrior
    « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 04:28:37 AM »
    What OS are you running?

It's a 12 year old Windows 95/98 game. If you're running Vista or 7, Novalogic's website suggests running the game in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode. Seeing as this game came out shortly before XP, you might even try compatibility mode for Windows 98. Also, make sure you've downloaded the patches for the game. From what I can tell, the final version of the game was 1.00.37. You can download the updates through NovaWorld (is it even still around?) or http://www.novalogic.com/updatedetail.asp?ID=6&GameKey=DFLW

sirjasalot

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 11:29:49 AM »
      i do use windows 7 but then how could i run it as xp compatibility mode

sirjasalot

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 12:02:46 PM »
        Ok I found how to run it on xp SP2 and I downloaded the file from the website you gave but it still doesn't work. Is there anything else I could try?

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        « Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 12:02:39 AM »
        Nothing that I can think of, other than trying Windows 98 compatibility instead of XP.

Another suggestion I found said that the UAC (User Account Control) may be interfering with the installation. Uninstall the game, disable UAC, then reinstall. After reinstalling, you can turn UAC back on.

Next, go to the game's installation folder and find DFLW.exe. Set the compatibility mode for Windows 98 (not XP).

Right click DFLW.exe, and select run as administrator.

If that doesn't work, open the game CD and go to the folder called "DFLSetup folder". Find the file "binkplay.exe" and run it. It will display a window of text, when it's done, close it.

Accoding to these instructions, the game should now work properly on Windows 7. If it doesn't, there's not much else to do. There are definitely compatibility issues with it (evident from the number of results in Google for making it work with Windows 7).

sirjasalot

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 08:33:44 AM »
          Well thanks anyway guys. I tried but it didn't work. I guess I just have to wait for another epic game like it to come out. Take care!

Shaman

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 01:34:20 PM »
            OLD POST, but for anyone interested I was running game in win 8.1 after using compatibility mode for about two weeks. then it stopped allowing me to join games. I delete all the files in the cache folder for the game and its up and running again.