Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Docked Laptop Falls Asleep After 2.5 Minutes  (Read 2588 times)

avaricewillkillu

Topic Starter

Beginner

Docked Laptop Falls Asleep After 2.5 Minutes
    « on: April 12, 2018, 08:11:41 AM »
    I have all my setting set so that this doesn't happen (pictured) so I'm going to describe my system and issue, and hopefully someone knows what to do. 

I have a laptop running Windows 10, closed and docked with dual monitors plugged into the dock.  I have the Power Options/System Setting for closing the lid/sleep set to do nothing when the laptop is plugged in to a power source and to turn off the screen after 1 hour when plugged in. 

Yet my computer goes to sleep after 2 minutes and 30 seconds of inactivity.  The monitors go black and I'm forced to wake it up and log back in.  Please tell me how I can fix this.  The laptop doesn't have the issue when used undocked.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

nil

• Global Moderator

• Intermediate
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Docked Laptop Falls Asleep After 2.5 Minutes
      « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 08:19:48 AM »
      I found a thread where users were reporting a similar problem to yours - "windows 10 laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes..." some of them said the method recommended in this thread worked:

https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/17899-monitor-turns-off-after-2-minutes-inactivity-3.html#post441903

Might be worth a shot.
      Do not communicate by sharing memory; instead, share memory by communicating.

--Effective Go

avaricewillkillu

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 08:34:12 AM »
        Thank you so much!  This worked for me, I was hesitant to edit the registry but gave it a shot and everything works now.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 09:04:20 AM »
        When suggesting anything involving registry edits i always mention a good backup tool...

My personal preference is ERUNT.

Many people find out the hard way that if you use Windows registry backup it is incomplete...and pretty much useless.

Glad your'e fixed up.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "