Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Game Stutters with 100fps and a 144hz monitor why? How do I fix  (Read 2221 times)

Quinton465

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    gpu- nvidia 1060
    monitor https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074JLD4HZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got the monitor today. it does have the display port in and I also made sure it was running at 144hz at the right resolution. I quickly figured out when i was running at 60hz at 100fps the screen tearing in pubg was pretty bad so I changed the monitor settings to what it should be. When I played after fixing the issue i was getting bad stutters like those micro stutters but the fps remained around 100 so there wasnt any noticeable frame drops.
    Im not using v-sync or any other sync.
    Questions
    1. does playing at a lower fps then the refresh rate on a monitor affect gaming negatively.
    2. if it does how do you fix it
    3. does triple buffering cause micro stutters. (i wasnt using tripe buffering while in pubg games)

CaptainStark

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Game Stutters with 100fps and a 144hz monitor why? How do I fix
      « Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 01:22:14 PM »
      Try boosting your FPS and optimizing your game time by following . It was very helpful in my case.

Link Removed...stop spammin the Forum or a vacation will be in order...
      « Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 05:44:58 PM by patio »