Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help!!  (Read 6115 times)

Caleb9

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Help!!
    « on: April 13, 2018, 11:38:41 AM »
    I have:
    windows 10 1709  x64 bit
    AMD fx6300
    Nvidia gtx 1050 Ti
    16gb ddr3 ram

I play any other game completely fine. For some reason on dark souls 3 my pc shits the bed. I literally got in game killed the crystal lizard and it went downhill from there. I haven't reached the first bonfire. It either says some error and memory could not be read, bad module info, or this application has stopped working. All of these result in crashes of the game.

I have tried lowering the lighting quality and shadow quality. I tried fullscreen and windowed mode. I tried verifying files, I tried reinstalling, I have updated drivers and updated bios, I tried turning off all background apps and then playing, I tried increasing my virtual memory.

I believe I tried everything I could think of, any solutions? :(

Also worth mentioning, I had 8gb ram for a while and my system said 8gb installed and 3.96gb usable, I then got more ram and it says 16gb installed but 7.96 usable. Bot sure if that's the issue or what but a solution to that would be helpful as well!

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Help!!
    « Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 01:18:34 PM »
    Also worth mentioning, I had 8gb ram for a while and my system said 8gb installed and 3.96gb usable, I then got more ram and it says 16gb installed but 7.96 usable. Bot sure if that's the issue or what but a solution to that would be helpful as well!

This can can from a few places. It can be a problem with the motherboard itself, an issue with the CPU, an out-dated BIOS version, or even physical damage to the slots. (depending exactly how your memory is laid out). Could also just be incorrect BIOS settings for the memory if you tried to do something like overclock the memory.

Given that the crash issues you are experiencing relate to memory issues I don't think it's completely out there to suggest it might be connected.

I've found a number of threads with people experiencing much the same issue with  memory visibility elsewhere online and it seems that most of the time they are able to resolve the problem by updating their BIOS to the latest revision.

Whether that would also resolve your issue with the game, I don't know, but it certainly shouldn't hurt.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 01:43:56 PM »
    my pc s**** the bed.
    Please. Watch your language. This is not 4chan.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 11:21:33 AM »
    Friend of mine had an issue with XMP setting in BIOS of his Intel based i7 system causing issues with certain games through Steam. Your running AMD and some AMD boards have AMP. Wondering if you have this setting messing with things. https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/amp

Dark Souls 3 I have on my Steam account and so might be just shooting in the dark here but curious if its a memory setting that's causing issues in BIOS. I am playing it on a Windows 10 64-bit with A8-5545 2.7Ghz APU with 8GB RAM, and Radeon HD 8510G GPU at around 25-30 fps. Haven't tried it yet on my better computer with GTX 780 Ti because I run this electron sipper for most games to save on electric bill. But it looks like there are some bugs with it with nVidia cards and me using AMD Radeon is immune to bug.

Additionally lots of issues with this game on google with people with nvidia cards which you have. Such as here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/352788917753659485/

Open the Nivida Control Panel (right click on the desk top)

Go to Manage 3D Settings

Ambient Occlusion Peformance
    Anisotropic filtering Application-controlled
    Antialiasing - FXAA On
    Antialiasing - Gammer Correction On
    Antialiasing - Mode Application-controlled
    Antialiasing - Setting Application-controlled
    Antialiasing - Transparency Off
    CUDA - GPUs All
    DSR - Factors Off
    DSR - Smoothness Off
    Maximum pre-rendered frames Use the 3D application setting
    Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration (depends on your set up I have single display)
    Power management mode Optimal Power
    SLI rendering mode NVIDIA recommended
    Shader Cache On
    Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample On
    Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias Allow
    Texture filtering - Quality Quality
    Texture filtering - Trilinear optimization On
    Threaded optimization Auto
    Triple buffering Off
    Vertical synce Use the 3d applicaiton setting
    Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames 1