Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Intel RAID causing not able to boot up either hard disk or bootable USB  (Read 1843 times)

XOXdaCoolDaddy

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Desktop is a HP Envy 810-493d, configured with a SSD as OS disk and 2 Seagate configured RAID 0.

Last week, my desktop was getting lagging and some applications were becoming no response time over time. Finally, the computer failed to boot into OS and stuck in infinite loading showing HP logo.

After tedious troubleshooting, I successfully booted my computer into OS by disable the RAID hard disks in BIOS (ONLY DISABLE the SATA port, leaving the SATA simulation same as before which was RAID option). The tricky thing was that the RAID status was showing normal in Intel RAID BIOS manager which is ember in system BIOS, and showing normal status in Windows Intel Rapid Storage Technology Manager as well. Once I enabled the RAID hard disks in BIOS, my computer cannot load OS, even I tried to boot from bootable USB thumb driver. The only thing I can do to boot into OS is disable RAID hard disk.

Any help can reach me to resolve this problem, I need to retrieve the data on the RAID, and I am happy to provide more details if you want.