Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sadly SecuniaPSI is being discontinued  (Read 3061 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Sadly SecuniaPSI is being discontinued
« on: April 17, 2018, 03:47:47 PM »
Not sure if anyone else here used this software or not, but I use to use it and was going to install it to my system to see what vulnerabilities are out there for installed programs and was met with:

Thank you for your interest in PSI. PSI is Flexera’s free computer security solution that identifies missing security patches on user’s private PC, and automatically installs them when possible.

This product is reaching End-of-life on April 20, 2018, and therefore, no longer available. On April 20, 2018, existing installations of PSI will no longer function and should be uninstalled.

https://www.flexera.com/enterprise/products/software-vulnerability-management/personal-software-inspector/

I still have their program from years ago and even that one will be junk since they will be shutting down the database that the software works with I guess.

Anyone know of a replacement to this or do you need to just be aware of what programs installed have newer or security patches for them to manually run or just run on older editions of stuff that is vulnerable to exploits?

The software use to point out security issues and reasoning to needing a patch for Adobe, and all sorts of other programs installed that by which a security issue or exploit was known for that a patch could easily correct for if available etc. Beyond that of Microsoft updates for Windows it gave updates for everything else when an update was available as well as flagged down installed programs that had know exploits that had no patch like older editions of Photoshop etc.

In their forum they have posted:

It's time to say good bye to PSI.

Today we are announcing the End-of-Life of Personal Software Inspector(PSI). This product will no longer be available from April 20, 2018.

Discontinuing PSI hasn't been an easy decision. Consumer products are not part of Flexera's Strategy to help businesses that develop software and business using software address the challenge of this very dysfunctional supply chain.

In line with our strategy, we remain committed to deliver best-in-class Software Vulnerability Management solutions for businesses.

For users looking to continue to keep their PCs safe, we suggest to use software best practices:

. Turn on automatic updating of all software that support it (e.g. Windows, Chrome, Opera, Firefox, iTunes, Quicktime).

. Always manually run updates on those applications that don't update automatically.

. Remember to restart your computers for changes to take effect.

. Uninstall software that's not in use, and search for updates for software you maintain.

We are thankful for your loyalty and for your support over these many years.

On behalf of

Bob Kelly, Senior Product Manager

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Sadly SecuniaPSI is being discontinued
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 05:06:56 PM »
Saw this last week so i started lookin...See Here...

And Here...

Note: I have yet to test any.

" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "