Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Warren Buffett:I love Apple so much...  (Read 6163 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Warren Buffett:I love Apple so much...
« on: May 08, 2018, 01:47:52 AM »
.. He would like to have 100 per cent of it.
Here is an interviews on the CNBC network.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/07/warren-buffett-i-dont-have-to-do-a-thing-to-own-more-of-apple.html

12:42 AM 5/8/2018 pacific time.
Tae Kimr
Published 20 Hours Ago Updated 17 Hours Ago CNBC.com
    Warren Buffett tells CNBC he likes Apple stock so much he would love to own all of it.
    "We like very much the economics of their activities. We like very much the management and the way they think," the billionaire investor says.

Buffet also said:
"When I buy Apple, I know that Apple is going to repurchase a lot of shares," he said. "We own about 5 percent. But I know I don't have to do a thing and probably in a couple of years we'll own 6 percent without laying out another dollar. Well, I love the idea of having 5 percent go to 6 percent. The cheaper the stock is the more they will get for their money. There is no reason at all for me to encourage other people to buy Apple."

Wish I had just 1% of Apple.    :'(

DaveLembke

Sage
Re: Warren Buffett:I love Apple so much...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 10:37:05 AM »
When apple was in trouble in the 90s, I thought they were going to fail and stayed away from them. Coworker who loves Apple products bought into them and Microsoft gave them a 150 Million Dollar bail out in 8/6/1997.

Coworker friend cashed out of his apple stocks last year after 20 years in and made some serious money!

https://www.wired.com/2009/08/dayintech_0806/

video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxOp5mBY9IY&feature=player_embedded

Myself, I saw Circuit City Failing and stocks were 70 cents a share, I thought they wouldnt go under, they would rebound and I would make some money. So I  bought $500 in shares getting 685 shares after transaction fees. Circuit City crashed even harder the next day to 49 cents then 34 cents then 29 cents and then fizzled out into out f business. I was really hoping that the Electronic Superstore Giant would rebound and someday when their stocks were say $15 a share cash out at like $10,275 before taxes. BUT... it was a $500 gamble that I lost.

A few years ago when AMD was struggling and there shares fell to like $1.61 per share I was so tempted to buy into them but I couldnt afford to take another loss like that and AMD was so behind with the future of their CPUs making new products with older core technology driven harder like 220 watt TDP CPUs to try to compete with Intel i7's that ran on half the power and still outperformed in benchmarks. I am very happy that AMD pulled through as for I prefer AMD over Intel because the price tags are better and never had any problems with their products in the last 20 years and good performance, even if not the most power efficient.

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 11:21:21 AM »
Truth is, I did make a little bit of money on both Microsoft and Apple as a day trader. But I eventually lost my money due to poor judgement on my part.  :'(

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 01:43:33 PM »
Why not just invest in Berkshire Hathaway and let him do the heavy lifting ? ?

I think he's a bit better at it than you were...just sayin.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 01:59:27 PM »
When apple was in trouble in the 90s, I thought they were going to fail and stayed away from them. Coworker who loves Apple products bought into them and Microsoft gave them a 150 Million Dollar bail out in 8/6/1997.
From Microsoft's perspective, That was actually a transaction like any other; Microsoft got a bunch of non-voting shares in Apple, agreed to keep supporting Office for Mac for at least 5 more  years, And Apple agreed to drop their "Look and feel" lawsuit. It also helped give them a bit of "goodwill" considering Microsoft was embroiled in the 90's anti-trust litigation regarding Internet Explorer.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.