Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can not sign in with my MS account.  (Read 2580 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Can not sign in with my MS account.
« on: May 11, 2018, 12:20:47 AM »
One of my e-mail accounts is a Microsoft account.

In Windows 10 I can not sigh in with my Microsoft account.

I have been using Windows 10 for some time, I think I started back in 2015. Anyway, I am not a new user just now using Windows 10.

On another machine I can use my wife's MS account. Works fine.
But this is my machine and when I use my MS account it will hang at the login.

Here is what I have done so far.I can log in by using the F8 options and selecting safe mode. There is no Ethernet connection and it lets me in, but the screen resolution is very low. So I made another account. I know from prior  experimentation  a non MS account will work. So I created the non-MS account. Just a simpler user and password, no e-mail.

So I do the reboot and pick the new user and sign in. No Problema! Apparently there is some kind of hassle with the security check that hangs the login.  My suspect ion is that something in the One Drive stuff is messing up my PC. But I don't know how to fix it.
Right now I am using Windows 10 as I type this. I logged is as the new user that does not have a MS e-mail.

Here are my questions:
Has this kind of thing been reported by anybody else?
How can I disable my One Drive forever?

EDIT: Is this relevant?
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/fixes-or-workarounds-for-recent-issues-in-onedrive-36110213-f3f6-490d-8cb7-3833539def0b

DaveLembke

Sage
Re: Can not sign in with my MS account.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 09:59:51 AM »
Sounds like a corrupt profile maybe.

I'd create a new "admin" account on that computer, copy the old profile contents to a USB stick or another place on the drive, and then delete the old profile contents while using this other admin account, but leave the ability for that user to logon to that system, then log back onto this system with old profile username/password and have it build a new profile fresh. If you need any content back from old profile navigate to the old profile data and copy paste mydocuments etc to the newly created when logged on profile.

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
Re: Can not sign in with my MS account.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 11:39:34 AM »
Thanks. With time and effort I was able to create a new account and sign in with administrator privileges.

So now I have three users accounts on Windows 10, but only one is usable. I am not even going to try and find out what happened to the other two accounts.

And i will never, ever use One Drive again no will I ever recommend it.  >:(