Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Exist any filemanager with built-in lite webbrowser? Or is possible to integraty  (Read 3656 times)

MIRKOSOFT

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Hi!

I'm using more than one Windows File Explorer replacements and I'm searching for any tabbed filemanager with built-in lite webbrowser. Something like Mailbird has integrated Chrome extension which opens links directly in mail client (I'm using it)...
    I'm using also tabbed Explorer extension Clover which opens also control panel items in its window.
    Exist any? Or if not - is possible to integrate e.g. Internet Explorer into File Explorer?
    Also for me new was referring that Windows has built-in File Explorer as UWP application...

I know this is strange Q, but each word can help me and I'm thankful.
    Miro

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    How much searching have you done?  :)
    Try: Best Free Alternative File Explores.
    Here is he Yahoo search:
    Best Free Alternative File Explores.(Yahoo)
    Lots of choices.
    BTW: A web browser can also read the local machine. Look in the Google Play Store for a Chrome add-on.

MIRKOSOFT

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Most of them I know and no one has built-in webbrowser.
      Only one is interesant in case of tabbed extension for Windows Explorer - QTtab - looks very like Clover, maybe even better, I'll try it.

When you're talking about GooglePlay - I'm not Android user and have no account associated.
      I know that each webbrowser can read near everything about computer - simple programming can do it...

Really - no way with webbrowser?
      Or possible integration?

I have no access to GooglePlay and I'm Windows user and programmer (maybe not so good programmer) and using Windows 10 on desktop and the same mobile version in phone.

I'm using currently:
      Clover
      XYplorer
      Xplorer2
      Q-Dir
      Tablacus
      Explorer++
      and Cubic Explorer...

My best is XYplorer but has not integrated webbrowser....

But thank you for help.
      Miro

Salmon Trout

Re Clover Chinese app on another forum...

Have an Admin friend that was just looking at setting this up in his environment, and after doing some basic testing he is removing it from his network.  The Clover installer .exe was infected with malware and that was just the beginning.....  The software also exhibited behavior of "phone home" "telemetry" info gathering about the network, and the system running the software.  He worked with the software provider to fix the problems he found and was met with friendly techs at first, but it quickly changed to the old "hold while i transfer you to the correct team" and then being disconnected.

I would avoid this "HELPER app" like it had the chicken Pox  or Mumps or some nasty un treatable STD

MIRKOSOFT

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Thank you for warning.
        I have new installed Windows 'cause I changed motherboard and will use QtTab instead Clover.

I'm still looking for filemanager with built-in lite webbrowser or possible integration into it.

Miro

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog

Salmon Trout

It is a add-into Chrome.
        https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/local-explorer-file-manag/eokekhgpaakbkfkmjjcbffibkencdfkl?hl=en
        It is a Windows compatible add-in.

It just does what most browsers do, if you know how.

What the OP is waiting for, I believe, is Sets, which is coming in the next version of Windows 10. It is already in Insider Builds.

I just did this - what you see is from left to right, tabs with Windows Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Notepad, and Command Prompt.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        I don't understand the dilemna...or the goal....

Maybe it's just me.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        Salmon Trout,
        Thanks for the tip...
        Here is the YouTube thing about Sets...