Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to tweak File Explorer: Last closed window | Show/Hide tree | UWP Explorer  (Read 3047 times)

MIRKOSOFT

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Hi!

I want to tweak Windows 10 File Explorer.
    Exactly:
    How to open last closed window content (directory) when I click on Explorer icon/shortcut or execute it.
    We all know that always is by selection opened Quick Access or This Computer.
    How to hide or Show directory and quick access links tree?
    File Explorer has hidden UWP version - how to cut or copy and paste in it?

Please don't recommend me Explorer alterntives, I want to apply it directly to Windows 10 File Explorer.

Thank you for help, suggestions or reply.
    Miro

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Please don't recommend me Explorer alterntives, I want to apply it directly to Windows 10 File Explorer.

This confuses me...sorry.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

MIRKOSOFT

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Why confuses?

We all know that are available many Explorer replacements - for example simple Eplorer++ or XYplorer...

I want to apply changes written in previous post directly to Windows 10 File Explorer.

Miro

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      How to open last closed window content (directory) when I click on Explorer icon/shortcut or execute it.
      I don't believe you can; not without hex editing the program.

You can change the starting location by using the /E argument via a shortcut.

2.How to hide or Show directory and quick access links tree?

View Tab and drop down the "Navigation Pane" button and unselect Navigation Pane. You can get rid specifically of "Quick Access" via something like described in this article

3.File Explorer has hidden UWP version - how to cut or copy and paste in it?

It's not available and is 'hidden' because it barely works. Copy and Paste apparently works as an independent operation. You select what you want to copy, click the Copy button in the lower right, then navigate where you want to paste it, and then click the checkmark. At least that's how it seems like it is supposed to work. I can't get it to do anything. It cannot Paste from the clipboard if you copied File data either.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

MIRKOSOFT

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Thank you!

Navigation pae is really easy to hde/show. BTW: exist any keystroke to show/hide it?
        Starting location I tested not yet, but I'll try to correct it by AHK scripting.
        Really don't want to remove Quick Access, only navigation pane was for me sometimes problem.
        And now see that UWP Explorer is really not able to compare with standard Explorer.

Thank you again!
        Miro

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        Coulda all been done with a third party explorer...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mark.

Adviser
        • Forum Regular
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced

chuckle, chuckle.   ;D