Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ps2 parallel port to usb  (Read 1875 times)

grovebaby

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    ps2 parallel port to usb
    « on: June 15, 2018, 09:10:52 PM »
    I have to figure out a way to print from a pc running QNX2 to a usb printer. the pc has a parallel port. I have a powered parallel male to usb B adapter, but it doesn't work. I think I know why, the pc bios only supports at and PS2. The adapter supports EPP/ECP. I've search for an adapter like the one I have that supports PS2 but can't find one. Printing on these machines has always worked with older parallel printers, but they are getting hard to come by and expensive. I have 25 of these installations. Any suggestions appreciated.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: ps2 parallel port to usb
    « Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 10:13:55 AM »
    I have 25 of these installations. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Huh? You have 25 installations that  never did work right?
    Or 25 installations that were never networked?

What do you want to change?
    What is the new element?

In general, old printer port technology is not up gradable in firmware morin software, unless you wish to replace the whole operating system or write a custom driver in low-level code.

Much more detail is needed. Equipment that uses the old technology is hard to work with without full details.  :-\

Just a very wild guess, your scenario might be a candidate for use of Bluetooth adapters. Bluetooth can interface with some older technology.