Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Delete Recorded Macro Excel 2003  (Read 2917 times)

WFD

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    Delete Recorded Macro Excel 2003
    « on: June 17, 2018, 02:41:56 PM »
    Made a mistake while recording a macro in Excel 2003. Want to Delete it and start again, but cannot because PERSONAL.XLS, where the macro is recorded, is hidden and I don't know how to find that worksheet so that I can Unhide it, nor how to Unhide it even if I could find it.  See attached snip of message windows.  Any help greatly appreciated. Instructions I find online to delete a macro are for more recent versions of Excel, or for deleting macros that are particular to the current workbook, not for all workbooks.

WFD

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Delete Recorded Macro Excel 2003
      « Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 04:32:00 PM »
      I found an old solution to this problem online and it works.  The Topic is Solved.  Anyone interested can read the reply from Gord Dibben at :
      https://www.excelforum.com/excel-general/572299-how-do-i-delete-a-macro-in-excel-2003-button-is-greyed-out.html
      Thanks, WFD

Hilly8

• Experience: Familiar
        Re: Delete Recorded Macro Excel 2003
        « Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 01:21:38 PM »
        Hello this may help,

If you happen to have MacOS:
        Open Terminal found in Finder > Applications > Utilities
        In Terminal, paste the following: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
        Press return
        Hold the ‘Option/alt’ key, then right click on the Finder icon in the dock and click Relaunch.
        Relaunch Finder by right clicking the Finder Icon whilst holding the ‘Option/alt’ key

This will show all hidden files. To hide them again, follow the same steps but replace the Terminal command with:
        defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO

If you happen to have Windows, then:
        In the search box on the taskbar, type folder, and then select Show hidden files and folders In the View tab from the search results.
        Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.