Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer freezes and crash, no event log or anything  (Read 1879 times)

HHalf

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer freezes and crash, no event log or anything
    « on: July 26, 2018, 11:10:57 AM »
    This started about 2 days ago, my PC was newly build at the start of the month, and running fine, til recently it started having random freezes, these freezes come with what seems like no reason, I can be on games, 3D-modelling, just watching YouTube, and when that happen I cant do anything but to force restart. During the freeze, my screen freeze but i can still hear the sound for about 30sec, and sometimes I can hear the the window sound of a device being disconnected. Also not sure if it is related but when the freeze happen the light on the tower for hard drive stop flashing. These freeze can be happen in 20 mins, or to like 6 hours, i left my PC on over night but it didn't crash.

Specs:

PSU: Corsair CX550M

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

RAM - G.Skill 8gb DDR4-3200 RAM *2 (In A2 and B2 slot)

Temps look fine.

Speccy : http://speccy.piriform.com/results/DF7T7d5VvmCmMoeL6ZAIUp0

I really not sure what to do, I don't even know if it is hardware or the drivers

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer freezes and crash, no event log or anything
    « Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 07:33:50 AM »
    First thing I would test is RAM with memtest86 and run about 4 full tests. Next thing would be Hard Drive or SSD health as for Virtual Memory is stored and fetched and if data is read back into RAM wrong it can cause issues. A problem with RAM wouldn't be logged by Windows, but usually a drive issue is caught by Windows.

This all assuming that you haven't messed with any voltages and aren't overclocking as for even if you overclock and have healthy temps a system can still be unstable if overclocked and cool running.

skypuppy

Rookie

• Experience: Expert
      Re: Computer freezes and crash, no event log or anything
      « Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 05:33:55 PM »
      When I suspect memory, I let it run for at least 24 hours, with a minimum of 4 loops or 24 hours, whichever is greater.
      My first thought is a hard drive failing.  2nd thought is <censored> reinstall Windows (yes, again!)  3rd suspect is CPU overheat, due to overclocking or fan failing.  4th suspect is power supply failing.  There are many others.