Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Having booting issues with my Windows 10 new gaming pc  (Read 2587 times)

BSGAlpha

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Having booting issues with my Windows 10 new gaming pc
    « on: July 26, 2018, 09:24:54 PM »
    My computer is taking forever to boot, I'm talking like 5 minutes to boot and is super slow but eventually after waiting like 20 minutes it starts to go back to normal. This happens every time I get on it. I did a CDI report on my SSD which Windows 10 boots off of and it says it still good. Any suggestions?

EndOfForever

Rookie

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Having booting issues with my Windows 10 new gaming pc
    « Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 06:11:48 PM »
    The fast answer is to shut down your computer as seldom as possible, but I know that's an unpopular option and doesn't solve your underlying issue.

Press ctrl + shift + esc together to access the task manager and select the startup tab.  If there are many programs that have a 'high' impact on startup, that may be why it takes your computer forever to get to a usable state.  A common culprit for slow booting is anti-virus software like Norton.  You can turn off the auto-scan option on your anti-malware and anti-virus software on boot up, and instead run it when the computer is usable by you.

Hope this helps.
    PM me for useless computer facts.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Having booting issues with my Windows 10 new gaming pc
    « Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 06:37:25 PM »
    Try Reset PC.  It worked for me.