Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sapphire R9 390X  (Read 1823 times)

Phosphorescent

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Sapphire R9 390X
    « on: July 29, 2018, 03:00:52 PM »
    I've tried to narrow down any potential issues, and it seems like this issue rests with the graphics card.

While my brother is playing games, his screen goes black, and the audio gets stuck in about a 2-second audio loop. Only thing you can do is hold the power button. I've had it on onboard graphics without issue.

I've tried rolling drivers back, updating them, everything. So far, nothing has worked.

PasteBin of event viewer (Issue occurred at 13:50)

http://mibpaste.com/ml3Tgc

Any thoughts?  I worry the card might be going.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Sapphire R9 390X
    « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 10:21:14 PM »
    I'd test the RAM to make sure all is on with running memtest86 for about 4 or 5 full tests this takes a few hours usually

Also if you have any overclocking going on set everything back to normal speed

Phosphorescent

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 04:28:40 PM »
      I'd test the RAM to make sure all is on with running memtest86 for about 4 or 5 full tests this takes a few hours usually

Also if you have any overclocking going on set everything back to normal speed

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Overclocking was never set, so it was just normal speeds. Memtest86 went through 4 runs with zero errors.

Thanks.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 06:06:11 PM »
      Try re=installing the original dtivers from the CD that shipped with the card...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "