Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitors and refresh rate HELP  (Read 1958 times)

blu99

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Monitors and refresh rate HELP
    « on: August 11, 2018, 08:25:09 AM »
    I'm confused and need help!  I have the RadeonT RX 460 in my Lenovo computer.
    I had to purchase a new monitor HP 1CA86AA.  But the sharpness is terrible compared to my old LG that had a refresh rate of 75.  The HP has one of 60.
    Both were connected to the computer with HDMI.
    But according to my looking at the computer I can only get a 60 refresh rate on it.  I've also read that an HDMI cable only has the potential of a 60 refresh rate.
    First.......is that true?
    Why did the old LG refresh rate of 75 look so much better in sharpness and color than the HP I have now?

PLEASE HELP and educate me?  Thanks.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Monitors and refresh rate HELP
    « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 09:00:52 AM »
    Have you gone into the menu for the display and calibrated it. Additionally is the display the same size as the one you had prior or did you go with a larger display. Sometimes the crispness is gained in going with the native resolution that your display should be at vs the display resolution of a prior monitor.

Regarding HDMI cables, I have heard that poor quality cables can have effects like this and a newer HDMI cable of better quality might resolve the issue. Only problem I have ever had with a HDMI cable though was one that oddly was directional specific to where it was labelled at one end for TV and other end for Device and if its connected backwards it wouldn't work at all. I got this cable in a box of other cables when someone sold me a computer 2 years ago and gave it to my daughter for her to use with her PS3 since I use VGA and DVI cables for my computers.

I went from an older display though to a newer wide screen and it seemed blurry and by increasing my resolution to that of what the display manufacturer recommended everything got crisp for picture.