Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Games and programs minimizing by themselves randomly  (Read 2608 times)

Zorogin

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Games and programs minimizing by themselves randomly
    « on: September 04, 2018, 11:13:59 PM »
    So I'm having an issue where my current open program or game will randomly minimize itself and I'm not sure why its happening or what I can do. The issue just started like 30 minutes before this post. It first happened during a game I play called League of Legends, then it even happened while I was watching YouTube. If anybody knows what's wrong that would be great.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Games and programs minimizing by themselves randomly
    « Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 09:00:02 AM »
    I'd run a malware scan with malwarebytes and see if you have something triggering trying to take the focus of the computer. If something triggers while a game is running that trigger event can kick the game to being minimized as a new window opens for example, so do you see a window with something set as the focus on your desktop when this happens? It could be malware that is trying to pop up something that is causing your browser to be brought forward of your game. Additionally running the game with browser closed might fix this issue if it is some code that is triggering and kicking the focus to it vs your game.

Lastly my wifes computer for example had a weird event like this happening and we found out that if her mouse moved to the furthest down position to the edge of the screen the game world of warcraft would minimize and desktop would be brought forward. The fix for her was to shut off Windowed mode and set full screen mode to where the entire display area if for the game and so a mouse pointer drifting to bottom of screen wouldnt trigger it to minimize the game.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Games and programs minimizing by themselves randomly
    « Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 10:07:58 AM »
    If it only just started, the first thing you want to do is reboot and see if the problem persists. If it does, then you should certainly follow the suggestions in the post above this one from DaveLembke.