Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: External Hard drive WD1600BEVS/160GB unknown , not initialised and no space show  (Read 4734 times)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
It's a bit late for that Geek...did you see the HDD ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Patio, I conjure the HDD can not be recovered using any sensible  method.

He did not say how much time and money he wants to spend on the issue. If there is no limit, he could spend the rest of his life and all of his resources trying to find out what was on that drive.

But before doing that, he could pay about $300 to have Se agate Technology read whatever data can be found on the platter.
Here is a link that outlines some of the things they can do.
https://www.seagate.com/tech-insights/data-loss-and-recovery-solutions-master-ti/
That page has links to other pages that relate to data recovery .
One is a YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Y7BniaRXg
I suggest he watch the video.
It is up to the OP if he wants to go all the way with this.  :-\

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
It's not even his drive. That kind of annoys me, frankly.

Somebody asked him "Can you get the data off my drive for me" presumably because that data is *important* to them, And instead of saying "I don't think I'm qualified" He apparently answered in the affirmative- and then turns around and shows up here treating what could very well be critical data to this other person as if it was a learning experience solely for his benefit.

If you want to learn about how to recover data, maybe risk your own drives and your own data, don't basically tell or imply to somebody that you are up to the task and use it as a "learning experience" at their expense.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

rasmy56

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    hello, have a grate day to all of you..

first of all, i have been subjected as cross platform posting, since I am new to forums please apologise me,
    I sincerely thankful for your time and effort.   
    further, i am continuing this forum threat to further discussion and i already informed other forums & linked to here.

to introduce me, in graduated in IT  2015, currently 1 year exprced laravel/vuejs developer working in a agency. whenever i have no project my boss assign me on other IT stuffs, like that this time this HDD.

Apart to that still i have kind of dilemma what to grab from IT and make it my career. so i try whatever come to me.

anyway,

@Mark
    refer to you last post, some of other said do not initialise/format.. and try to work it done/find recover solution, hence i am still not initialised i wonder this can be initialise successfully or not?  further i guess (i dont know)  generally HW Technicians having unique testing tools/methods which should be done before conclude. and physical damage is done by a technician when removing drive from case, so less changes of severe damage. also power on start up sound is also normal, finally for recovering, suppose files not corrupted its worth to try   

@patio sorry from here too, no problem

@Geek-9pm
    right now worth is my reputation@office and personal knowledge, i requested ysday form owner, not yet response
    i believe if i have required tools and your all concluded idea i can done this my self, is it wrong ? 

@BC_Programmer  what i'm doing highly necessary to my situation please help me do explore further process

Thank you all will c and update.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Looking at the images you posted it appears more likely someone has been really rough taking the disk drive out of the case and removing the metal shield.
    You could try removing the circuit board and cleaning the head contacts which are the J1 connector on the underside of the board. Be very careful not to static damage the board. A cotton bud with IPA should be all you need, the contacts should be silver with no brown oxidization.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan