Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to use mobile data as wifi using a router or modem?????  (Read 1969 times)

rutuparna

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    how to use mobile data as wifi using a router or modem?????
    « on: October 06, 2018, 01:15:41 AM »
    hi everyone
    recently I had removed my WIFI connection as it was of no use and I have switched to postpaid which gives  me a lot of data now every time I have to tether my mobile to a laptop for accessing internet I want to attach my mobile to a router so that the router will create a Wi-Fi of my mobile data as a hotspot so that I can connect any device to it as I cannot always turn on the mobile 's hotspot as it drains a lot of power of the mobile

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: how to use mobile data as wifi using a router or modem?????
    « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 03:31:58 AM »
    PUNCTUATION!!!!!!

strollin

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: how to use mobile data as wifi using a router or modem?????
    « Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 03:58:05 PM »
    Plug the mobile into an outlet and use it to create a hotspot.  Yes it will drain the battery quickly which is why you need to have it plugged in.  If you need to use it away from home you could plug a charger into your vehicle's power system or use one of the external power packs.

If your mobile doesn't have the ability to create a hotspot, then tether it to your laptop and run software on your laptop such as https://www.connectify.me/blog/share-internet-connection/best-portable-wifi-hotspot-free/ that will use the laptop's wifi adapter to create a hotspot.  If you need to use a device that only connects via Ethernet, then you can get a bridge adapter that will connect to the hotspot via wifi and provide an Ethernet jack.