Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My HDD won't open on my laptop due to password  (Read 2591 times)

Marc James

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    My HDD won't open on my laptop due to password
    « on: October 06, 2018, 06:43:23 AM »
    I was planning on moving country, so i disassemble my pc and take out my HDD. All is fine, until i tried to open my HDD files in my laptop. At first, it did shows all the data that i have on my pc.

The problem would be that i can't open my account folder in the users folder inside my HDD on my laptop for some reason, even though i have admin permission on my laptop. Usually you need an admin permission to open the folder on my pc, but i think it's probably because i'm using my laptop that has a different password and admin altogether, so i can't open my users file even when i have the admin permission on my laptop.

Is it because my HDD and my laptop has different password and admin permission, or is it something else? And how do i access the files in my HDD now? Do i have to download an application or is it just a misunderstanding? Can anyone explain?

If it helps, i'm using an ORICO brand connector from my HDD to my laptop. I can access certain files, although i can't access my users account folder that holds almost all my data in my HDD due to this. When i give it permission, there's just the green bar on the address going up slowly, until it stops almost at the end.

This might sound stupid and all, but i'm quiet lost on this kind of stuff. Any input, walkthrough, or help would be appreciated. Thank you very much!