Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems with graphics cards in laptops.  (Read 1867 times)

InHae

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Problems with graphics cards in laptops.
    « on: October 06, 2018, 10:44:50 PM »
    Hi.
    First of all, I am a non-English speaker, so the terms you use may be different from the ones I've translated.  please understand even if English is a little strange. 8)

To the main point, the problem occurred after the format, which is often used as a integrated graphic when playing games or working.

In other words, programs were originally used only for external graphics, but all of a sudden, internal graphics were used to interfere in between.

This causes my computer to lower the frame and get lagged and problem did not occur before the format.

To sum up my track so far, On September 2nd, I formatted using the Windows 10 format function and I installed Windows 10 RS4 and there was a problem.

Then I've done all the easy-to-find solutions on the Internet. For example, power settings, nvidia control panel, check for high-performance processor usage, revert the GeForce driver to the old version, upgrade the GeForce driver to the new version, and the physx settings.
    Of course, nothing has changed at all.

Meanwhile, I was asked by a local computer expert to return to the version of RS2, which I originally used, and that didn't happen in some programs.

What this means is that it's partially solved, not entirely.

I am using the ASUS A556UR laptop, which includes Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA GeForce 930MX.
    The CPU specification is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.71 GHz.
    The OS build is 15063.0 and the Windows 10 version is 1703.

Please help me! The expert I described before gave up my computer...

Thank you!

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Problems with graphics cards in laptops.
    « Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 07:55:22 PM »
    Hi

I think the problem is you used a generic windows copy, Not the Asus Windows install.
    You may get a better result if you contact Asus in your country and get them to restore the Laptop with the factory image. I would then backup the laptop to dvd or an external hard drive. Then do the windows 10 updates, doing another backup.
    If something goes wrong with windows 10 it is better to use the system recovery to reload windows.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

metalcat3

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Problems with graphics cards in laptops.
      « Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 04:10:42 PM »
      Can you do a simple test? Download the Furmark freeware and run it. It should fire up the 930MX and stress it. If there are hardware failures, theres' a good chance you'll see it.
      You can check if it's working with GPU-Z or HWInfo, both great