Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can No Longer Print from Quicken  (Read 2326 times)

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • Disarmingly Good-looking
  • Experience: Familiar
Can No Longer Print from Quicken
« on: October 10, 2018, 12:32:42 PM »
This may be really esoteric.

I am using Quicken 2004. (You read that right. Two-thousand-four. Bush v. Kerry. Ross and Rachel together again. Wardrobe malfunctions. Yeah, it's old.

A few weeks ago, I lost the ability to print. I hit the "Print" button, and nothing happens. Quicken is (was) finicky in printer selection - you would have to go Printer Setup => Reports and Graphs to select the printer, and then you could Print from "Print".

If you guessed that clicking on "Reports and Graphs" does nothing, you're good. Clicking on either "Print" or "Reports and GRaphs" (to see if a printer is even connected) does nothing. A few weeks ago, this was fine.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled. Uninstalled, rebooted, did a cCleaner registry clean up (I know, I know), rebooted, reinstalled. Still not working.

(Oddly enough, my "recent files" is still there, even after all that cleaning.)

Other than putting my finances on the cloud, does anyone have thoughts?
Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Can No Longer Print from Quicken
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 09:06:44 AM »
Will your old version of Quicken allow printing to PDF?  If so, you could print to PDF and then open that document in a PDF reader and print from it. 

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 09:34:05 AM »
Also, as a last resort you can take a screenshot and print that.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 09:57:04 AM »
I have read that Quicken disables functions on older versions so you will buy the upgrades...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "