Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help, trying to create a custom boot usb but not like the ones u know.  (Read 2585 times)

modobo

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Hi folks,

I got a mega problem here and it cannot be classified as DOS or a flavour of windows.  I designed my computer so that each drive has there own os system ie one drive has win 7,8 and 10, another drive has win 8 etc. There is no xp or OSx.  This way I can remove any drive without affecting boot up.

I have been using the uEFL bios boot manager to chose the drive that I want and it was working ok until I introduced win 10 to one of the drives with 7 and 8. So what happens now is win 10 just wont play ball even if set as the default OS. If I last logged out of win 10 then the next time I put on the pc and select that particular, I would not get a windows boot menu, it will simply go straight to win 10. Though it goes to my account and I log in, the desktop would not be my desk top or where I left off. I have to reboot and go through the bios boot manager again chose drive and sometimes I have to repeat the 4 times before I get a windows boot manager for that particular drive. Only after going through the windows boot manager and choosing win 10 would I see my own desktop.  There is only one account on that win 10, no other.

Anyway I dont wont to bore you will all the other issues Im facing on my setup but I feel that if I can make a usb boot drive then the boot up menu for all drives can be programmed onto it.  The problem I am facing is that if it were dos, I could have used something like EasyBCD but that wont work on current windows os. All the examples of multiboot stuff on google and youtube are for those trying to install an os.  Nobody is designing a bootable usb for choosing which os u want to log into.

I'd be grateful if anyone can help me look into this or make a suggestion on how I can go about it. I remember something called clover back in the days which was a sort of independent boot software that gave the freedom of choosing whichever os u want to boot into but that was not for usb but something similar will be great.