Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot download any driver (literally)  (Read 7912 times)

LucyJK

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Cannot download any driver (literally)
    « on: November 03, 2018, 07:39:22 AM »
    So, I have Sony VAIO model sve14aa11w .A few years ago, I broke my screen so I sent it to repairs shop . But when  I got it back, it wasn’t the same as before and there were problems which I will tell you in the following . I neglected those problems( for years )  because I was fine with it and I didn’t have to use the PC that much . But now it’s different . I have to make a use of it .
    The original OS is Windows 7 Home Premium OA SEA
    Manufacturer = Sony Corporation
    Product Name = SVE14A15FHW
    Current windows version = windows 7

Here are the problems - My computer has no original driver installed. Therefore , I cannot use Device Manager. Since whenever I clicked on the device manger , it said “ Class not registered”. But I’m not really sure it happened because of the no driver installed.

So I tried to download the original driver and the link I tried to download from is this —>https://www.sony.co.th/en/electronics/support/sve-series-sve14a1-series/sve14a15fh/downloads/Y0008170

But I cannot download it Because the internet explorer from my computer won’t download it . It’s confusing coz it will download other files but whenever it comes to this , it won’t even budge. Like no matter how much I clicked on the download button, it won’t do a thing at all . The web page just stayed like before . And the same goes to Firefox .
    My current internet explorer is version 8. I know there’s version 11 but even with that version , it still won’t downlaod the original driver file . So , I thought maybe the anti virus programs caused it and removed all of them , even from the control panel . But still , it won’t download  .
    I also went to safe mode and tried it again but still failed  :(

And I also went on and downloaded Minitoolbox to find the problems . And it showed the device name “ Bluetooth Peripheral Device “ and it showed its  problems and resolution.
    Problem: :The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
    Resolution: To install the drivers for this device, click "Update Driver", which starts the Hardware Update Wizard.
    BUT in order to do that , I have to go to device manager , which still shows “ class not registered “

So, I’m very confused right now   ???
    Is internet explorer the real problem ? Or is it the device manager one ? Or should I just send it back to the repairs shop ?

Ajfer03

Intermediate
    • Your everyday nerd.
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Cannot download any driver (literally)
    « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 01:35:37 PM »
    I hope you have another computer for this because you will need it, or at least the ability to use someone elses computer.

What you want to do is go to https://sdi-tool.org on another computer and download SDI Lite, since I assume you have working internet on that laptop you are talking about. Put the file onto a usb stick or storage medium and them transfer it over to your laptop. Once you run it from your laptop the program will show you all of the drivers you need. There should be an option towards the to that says create a restore point. Click on that and then check all of the boxes for drivers to be installed. Keep your computer on and do not turn it off while the download and install process is taking place, that could really brick your laptop. Plug your laptop to its charger and let it download away. Once it is finished you can simply restart your laptop, and everything should work fine. If you somehow cannot connect to the internet or the downloading forsn't work, then you might have to download the full version of SDI.

Hope this helps!
    Anthony
    "You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." -Wayne Gretzky

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Cannot download any driver (literally)
    « Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 03:44:33 PM »
    You need to perform a Repair installation. This would involve getting access to a Windows 7 DVD. Device Manager being inaccessible isn't related to missing driver software- it's a corrupted Windows install.

The Sony website is very poorly designed when it comes to drivers, I think.  I don't think the download button works properly. I was able to eventually download it and I've re-hosted a download here of that file. However, while that might fix the driver problems, I'd be concerned about the sort of corruption that would result in the Device Manager problems however as that is a corrupted Windows install.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.