Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Major monitor resolution and colour issue  (Read 2178 times)

jamesbrilliant14

Major monitor resolution and colour issue
« on: January 02, 2006, 12:32:03 PM »
Ok, here's the problem. I have a standard Dell Plug and Play monitor which has been running fine for 3 years now. My graphics card is a PNY Verto GeForce FX 5200 (128mb).

I turn on my PC this morning to see a bubble on the taskbar saying my resolution and colour quality are all very low. The resolution has gone down to 640x480 and the colour quality is 4 bit. I can change it back to 800x600 (4bit), but when i try to change either the colour quality on ANY resolution, or put the resolution higher than 800x600, and then click 'apply', the screen turns black for a second or two, and nothing has changed. I still get the little box saying "your desktop has been reconfigured" etc etc. but nothing has changed! im still left with 640x480 on 4 bit quality, and hardly any decent games or applications can run on that!

im very grateful for any help. [email protected]
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 12:32:22 PM by jamesbrilliant14 »

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Major monitor resolution and colour issue
    « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 01:42:07 PM »
    Download & install the latest video drivers from the manufacturer's website.

GX1_Man

Re: Major monitor resolution and colour issue
    « Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 02:10:38 PM »
    Here's a link. Just fill in the blanks:

http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp