Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Audio Link needed.  (Read 1917 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Wireless Audio Link needed.
« on: November 17, 2018, 12:21:09 PM »
This is not directly a computer issue, although a PC is involved at some point.
We reusing a TV camera to stream audio and video over the Internet. It works fine. But we have a problem. The sound is poor.

We have thought about running a wire from out sound system to the stream. But that can create even more problems. One would be 'Lip-Sync" if you digitise the  audio and feed it into the stream. Another issue would be equipment safety*  if we tried to feed audio directly into the microphone input of the TV camera. Also, running a long length of wire from the camera to the sound system will be an issue. This is an auditorium.  People will trip over the wire.

We need a wireless link. I was thinking about Bluetooth. But how do I get a pair of devices that will link up automatically? I do not want  to use either a cell phone or a PC  to do it. I want hardware that does not need operator attention.

I want a pair of transceivers that will link up when power is turned on. I do not want to burn up the camera. I do not want to train somebody.

Thanks for any ideas.   :)

* I have already,in the past, destroyed things with  @#$% 'common-mode' electrical mishaps.  Bean there, dod' that.   :(

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
Re: Wireless Audio Link needed.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 04:33:10 PM »
What software are you using to stream?  Most decent software (I've done this before with OBS) will allow you to set a delay on the audio/video in order to get it all to align, the delay will be fairly constant so once you get this set up you should remain in sync.  You can get wireless audio senders but most digital ones based on things like Bluetooth are still going to introduce a delay.  Personally I'd go down the route of feeding audio directly into the stream PC and deal with the delays in software.

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
Re: Wireless Audio Link needed.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 08:44:06 PM »
Camerongray.
Thanks for the reply. I will pass this on to my friends.
I don't know what software they are using. But I do know they are using a PC with Windows 10.