Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless keyboard/mouse problems  (Read 1996 times)

deanemachine

Wireless keyboard/mouse problems
« on: January 03, 2006, 07:31:31 PM »
I have a Microsoft Intelitype/Point 5.2 on my computer and both the mouse and keyboard constantly stick. I'm running on windows xp, have downloaded the latest updates on my computer, and even checked my usb port on my device manager and it says its working fine. I installed fresh batteries but that doesnt seem to help. I can't return the thing any more so I'd like to come up with a solution to this. Any ideas, anyone? :-?

GX1_Man

Re: Wireless keyboard/mouse problems
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 06:01:01 AM »
Wha about if you uninstall the items in Device Manager and restart the machine?

Any other wireless devices nearby?

deanemachine

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 04:43:05 PM »
I tried uninstalling the items device manager before, and I cant think of any other wireless device I have around. Any other ideas?

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    « Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 05:08:43 PM »
    I once had a keyboard like that. Got so mad I bought ones with cords. But, I don't know that you need to go that far...

Is the master thing connected by USB close to the keyboard and mouse? (Sorry, I don't know the name for it) It needs to be close to get a good signal.

Oh, by the way...

« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 05:09:32 PM by Timothy_Bennett »
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

deanemachine

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 05:57:16 PM »
    Yup, the reciever is close enough to the keyboard..I've had it at all sorts of distances and nothing seems to work.Thanks for the suggestion :-/