Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Command Line with C/C++ code execution  (Read 7726 times)

MIRKOSOFT

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Command Line with C/C++ code execution
    « on: December 29, 2018, 04:46:35 AM »
    Hi!

I was searching for CMD.EXE alternative and found some tools:
    Command Line C#
    - allows to run C# code in comand line
    Exist anything similar for C/C++ code execution?
    In Insider preview is CMD.EXE with zoom available.
    Is possible to extract it from Insider build and apply it (separately or replace) to Windows 1803?
    Insider preview has also Linux Shell
    Is possible to extract and apply to Windows 1803 too?
    Extraction of many programs is possible, but I did it yet only with programs from older Windows versions.
    When I'm talking about older Windows extraction, it was possible to get Media Center into Windows 10.1507 or Build 10240 - is it yet possible to do the same for later builds?
    I found also notes about CMD.EXE evolution that will be supported in CMD Unicode buffer - is it rumour or reality?

Thank you for all suggestions and replies.
    Miro

Salmon Trout

Re: Command Line with C/C++ code execution
    « Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 06:40:53 AM »
    1. The Unix/Linux C shell (csh) can be installed on Windows, either using Cygwin, or there is a port called tcsh you can get by using Astron's packaged exe (x64 and x86) files here

ftp://ftp.astron.com/pub/tcsh/beta/

2. Nope. I tried it.

3. You can just install WSL in Windows 10 pro, or else install Cygwin and you get bash, zsh, csh, etc. Don't know about Media Center but see here:

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/10/08/windows-media-center-for-windows-10/

4. It's in 1809.

"If you’re running Windows 10 October 2018 Update (build 1809), you’re already running this new buffer!"

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/commandline/2018/11/15/windows-command-line-unicode-and-utf-8-output-text-buffer/

Salmon Trout

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 02:15:33 PM »
    Regarding "alternative shells" generally for Windows, you have always got Powershell, which I personally have never used much. As for alternatives to the cmd.exe console, I think I have tried all of the free ones like Cmder, ConEmu, etc, and always went back to the standard Windows console pretty quickly. There is an alternative-language thing called Take Command, which is supposed to fix all the things wrong with cmd.exe, but still be familiar syntax-wise. You have to pay for it, but there is a free version called TCC/LE (it used to be called 4NT and was around for years). It's like cmd.exe on steroids (111 commands compared to 40). Again, I noodled around with it but soon went back.

https://jpsoft.com/products/tcc-le.html

To me personally these alternatives are all very well if you like noodling around with consoles, but if you want to get anything done, cmd.exe is what most people use so I stick with that. There is one thing I have installed that I like, a console enhancement called Clink...

https://mridgers.github.io/clink/

This is handy because it remembers your command history after a reboot, and you can do some custom things (e.g. coloured prompt). It injects itself into cmd.exe at launch, you can enable and disable it.

MIRKOSOFT

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 04:11:17 PM »
      For correction - I'm searching not for cmd.exe replacement and tried mentioned.
      I want to have extended cmd.exe with C/C++ code execution and magnifying and I see that CLink is great enhancement of cmd.exe itself.
      I will play with later, but from webpage it looks great... thank you for suggestion.
      Even CLink is possible to extend - dream is to add C/C++ code execution, but my time is small for this, maybe knowledge too.

Miro