Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: gateway 1100 restore disc??? help please..or drive  (Read 8251 times)

1beavis

gateway 1100 restore disc??? help please..or drive
« on: January 05, 2006, 08:41:12 AM »
I have a gateway 1100 i am fixing up. the machine came with no restore disc set. i believe it originally comes with windown ME. I prefer windows 2000. I put windows 2000 on the machine and it is working fine and i found drivers online for the sound and the rest works all except one thing....

the battery monitor.. the battery monitor says it is on ac power even when on battery...so you have no idea when the thing is gonna just die while you are working....this is not good.

I contacted gateway support but they told me restore discs are no longer available for that model...

I hear with a restore disc you can just install drivers on your new op system...or if worse came to worse..i could just put it back to me...

so does anybody have a restore disc i could get an image of ? any help appreciated.

p.s. there is nothing on driverguide.com for the battery monitor of this machine.

thanks,
mark :-?

GX1_Man

Re: gateway 1100 restore disc??? help please..or d
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 09:44:30 AM »
Have you checked the Gateway site for drivers for that model?

http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Solo_Series/P1100/P1100nv.shtml

or with Windows 2000 under Colntrol Panel/Power Options you will find what you want.

You don't need restore disks.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 09:45:43 AM by GX1_Man »