Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "unsupported cartridge" message  (Read 6998 times)

Lrpjazz

"unsupported cartridge" message
« on: January 09, 2006, 11:48:13 AM »
I have a Canon BJC-2000 with a Windows XP system. It was printing fine but when I tried a "Canon compatible color cartidge" the colors were way off (too green). So I removed it and got Canon 21 cartridges (color and black) and pout them in the same Canon BCI-21e holder (which also has the printheads) but now i get the message onscreen "unsupported cartridge BCI-23--replace with BCI-21e"!!! Any time I try to print something, even a test page, it doesn't print.

I tried resetting the printer, reinstalling the driver, soaking the printhead in a bit of water and wiping it off with a paper towel. Still "Unsupported cartridge"--but it's the right cartridge!

Sometimes i get "cannot communicate with printer."

ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANK YOU
Lewis

GX1_Man

Re: "unsupported cartridge" message
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 12:03:16 PM »
My kids used to have printers of that exact same model #. If it helps both were ruined by using "compatible" cartridges. I could never get them to work correctly after that.

You can uninstall and reinsall the drivers (be sure and download the latest ones from Canon, rather than using the original CD as that came out loooong before XP.

Lrpjazz

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 09:44:07 PM »
I tried deleting and reinstalling the driver several times and finally after a few times it worked and things are back to norma. I'm only using Canon cartridges in this printer from now on.
THANK YOU!
Lewis

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 03:54:07 AM »
I'm glad you are back up and running. I think "el cheapo' cartridges (at least those ones) clogged the ink jets, whereas Canon products never cauased any problems. Thanks for posting back!