Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dvi troubles with oculus rift setup  (Read 10647 times)

usmerchant55

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Dvi troubles with oculus rift setup
    « on: January 08, 2019, 10:38:43 PM »
    I am trying to setup my oculus rift and it needs the main hdmi display port to work, I also need my monitor plugged in to complete the rift setup. I have a DVI port and hdmi port along with a display port on my graphics card, twin freezer gtx 760 MSI, The main problem is my when I plug my dvi cable in to the card to my monitor it doesn't recognize it but it works just fine with my hdmi cable, The weird issue is when I start my comp with the hdmi cable to my monitor it works and shows all icons and desktop windows that are opened, if I plug my dvi cable in then I just get a blank desktop and all the icons disappear and all the windows that I had opened disappear as well.

Things I have tried ofcourse plugging dvi after and before windows boots, along with making sure the right input was on

I have also updated drivers, tried every combination of plugging the hdmi cable in then the dvi or dvi first or dvi last after windows boots, it just never accepts that there is a dvi cable plug working,

I have tried the ports above the card as well hdmi and the dvi ports near the top of the desktop don't work.

is there anyway to check if my dvi port died? (see images as an example of me plugging the dvi cable after everything is booted and working on the hdmi display)

usmerchant55

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Dvi troubles with oculus rift setup
      « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 10:43:32 PM »
      this is that other image showing the windows disappear after the dvi cable has been plugged it. I also tried this then removed the hdmi selected the dvi input and still not showing a display image.