Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Issue about CPU activity Logging Software?  (Read 3165 times)

araji

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Issue about CPU activity Logging Software?
    « on: January 30, 2019, 01:06:49 AM »
    Hi , all I'm Robert.
    Was wondering if anyone knew of any software that monitored CPU usage and when CPU usage goes over a certain % of use it would log a date/time of when it reached that threshold and then when it went back to normal idle log date/time then too.
    ทางเข้าfun88
    Thinking a service or program running sampling the CPU could be written that keeps an eye on CPU usage, so that the program doing the monitoring doesnt cause itself to detect itself as a false positive, but thats beyond my programing abilities as for I am not sure how I would import CPU utilization percentage value. I looked to see if there was any open source system monitoring code out there to use sections of someone elses code on how to monitor utilization of CPU, but none found. Tools out there that monitor CPU's just show real time and no logging.

I put the brakes on with coding up my own solution for this and figured I'd ask to see if anyone knows of a way to do this if some software or code already exists before I reinvent the wheel.  :) If anyone knows of some code to achieve this to point me in the right direction if it needs to be coded up as a service that would be cool too if software doesnt exist to do this or writing up code to do it makes more sense vs buying a product that does the same etc.

Trying to figure out how long processes take to complete that when the process completes it stays running, so its not as easy as putting an executable into a batch file and write the date time before the start of the EXE and then at then end of the EXE. Because the EXE is always running it will never get to the end time written to log of a batch.  :-\   For processes that run and close when done its easy to track how long a process took to complete, but an EXE that I dont have source code to adding logging to and I want to know how long its running against a CPU heavily for, the only way I can see this achieved is by monitoring CPU utilization and when the CPU goes over 90% to then log when this happened and then when it drops below 90% to log that date/time as well to know how long a process is taking.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Issue about CPU activity Logging Software?
    « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 02:39:39 AM »
    Check this here out. It might work for what your trying to do.

Process Monitor can do that for you.

You'll first might want to enable collection of profiling events:
    Then, simply collect data for as long as you want (you may want to set up filters and enable Drop filtered events if you plan to collect for extended periods of time). Then go to Tools -> Process Activity Summary:
    You'll now get a list of all active processes you recorded, with their activity over time.
    You can then open the details for a single process (by double-clicking on it) and inspect the timestamps for certain events in the graph:

https://superuser.com/questions/453909/log-cpu-by-process-over-time