Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What would you do with Trabyte In Your Pocket.  (Read 8744 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
What would you do with Trabyte In Your Pocket.
« on: February 09, 2019, 11:41:03 PM »
Last year they came out with a phone that can have a Terabyte.
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/samsung-releases-galaxy-note-9-worlds-first-terabyte-phone-for-business-pros/
If most books have just text and few photos, you could store every book ever phished. Really?
http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2016/12/every-book-ever-published-would-fit-on-to-one-hard-disk/

So here is my question.  ;D
What would you do with a Terabyte In Your Pocket?  ???
(We need a new acronym for this.)

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: What would you do with Trabyte In Your Pocket.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 10:58:51 AM »
1TB of storage on a phone is to me overkill.

My smartphone has a micro SD card slot and I added 64GB which is the maximum SD card size it can address for this model phone and that's plenty for me. And I just put videos on that and play them through VLC player for android. But this functionality is only really used when on a business trip flying somewhere and to avoid burning up my data plan. So I will put stuff on my micro SD card by use of my laptops SD Card slot to place the files onto a the micro SD card with the adapter so that I can play video content through my phone offline.

The issue with 1TB of storage would be that its not able to be removed from the device and placed into a laptops SD card slot to populate that storage with content. However maybe a cloud storage drive could be used to pass content to a 1TB internal storage phone.